Cashew Cream Recipe
Cashew cream is hands down my favorite discovery since we started eating more whole foods.
It is so simple to whip up and can be used in a bunch of ways.
We usually put it together with garlic and some lemon for a creamy sauce with nachos.
But really you can use this sauce in so many meals. From, creamy mushroom pasta sauce to lasagna sauce, dips or even icings.
It is also an ideal dairy cream replacer for lactose intolerant or vegan.
Our favourite personal blend is infused with basil and spread on bruschetta ;-)
Try out this basic cashew cream recipe and get inspired to test it in one of your own home cooked classics.
Cashew Cream recipe:
- One cup of Raw Cashews.
- Juice of half a Lemon.
- Half a clove of Garlic.
- Half a teaspoon of Salt.
- Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast (optional).
- Soak a cup of cashews for a minimum of 3 hours (it gives the sauce a more creamy texture, if you forget don’t worry it works well enough if you soak for 10 mins).
- Drain soaked cashews.
- Blend the soaked cashews, juice of half a lemon, half a peeled clove of garlic and a quarter cup of water.
- If you want to add another punch of health to your cashew sauce blend in one table spoon of nutritional yeast (optional).
- Blend until you get a smooth texture adding small amounts of water until you reach your desired consistency.
It is seriously as simple as that, and it only takes a few minutes to blend together. This is the base sauce, from this you can make your own creations by infusing with different flavours. You have to try throwing a small handful of fresh basil in the blender when blitzing your cashews. It colours the sauce a vibrant green and gives it an incredible fresh taste.
Try out your own combination of flavours to infuse into the sauce and let me know what you come up with.